Tuesday 7 June 2011

I need something else...

Does anyone else feel like this?? I have my wonderful children, an amazing finace, great friends and family.. but I just need something more in my life.. I'm not sure if I want to go back to work, or study, or whether I just need something else to occupy my time apart from my children.

I am a qualified Aged Care worker, and would LOVE to go back to work doing this, but the hours are just not good when you have 3 young kids. 7am starts when daycare only opens at 7! I can't work afternoon shifts, as my fiance doesn't drive so the kids wouldnt be able to get home from daycare, then I'd never see him either!

I go to playgroup, so i do have interaction with other parents, but I just need something MORE!! Oh well... I guess I will know what it is when i find it...

2 comments:

  1. It depends - if you are lucky enough not to need the money consider volunteering - BUT stay away from dealing with kids or even overly needy adults until your children are older and more independent - look for something outside of the care type of work - or you won't have the love/energy you need for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with "strollers and prams". You can look for a job that's not related to "caregiving" so you can still have enough energy to take care of your kids when you get home.

    And while you can't leave your kids yet, there are a lot of online jobs for stay-at-home moms like you. Just be careful in selecting the right one as many are spams.

    ReplyDelete