Saturday 4 June 2011

Sleep? What is sleep?

I feel like a zombie.. I have had about 2 hours of broken sleep for 2 nights now. My eyeballs feel like they are falling out of my head, but when you're a mum to 3 small kids you just need to keep going. I can't just go back to bed and have a few more hours sleep.. but oh how i wish i could.

Ashton woke up 4 times last night, and the only way to get him back to sleep is to give him a bottle.. /yawn...Taylor woke up at 4am and thought it was time to get up, so i spent 2 hours walking her back to her bed and telling her it was still night time.. Eleanor slept all night, thank God for that!

I miss them when they were like this...
When they slept all day, and all night, and only woke up to feed. Then i could rest whenever I wanted. It seems like so long ago! Even though I am sleep deprived and feel like death warmed up, I wouldn't trade my wonderful children for anything :)

2 comments:

  1. oh i know how you feel, as a mum to 6 kids aged 12 - 6 months. there are nites i get 6 hours sleep and then there are nite i get none. and more offen then not we just go through the motions of the day. Some days i wonder how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 kids! you're insane! hahahah good job!

    ReplyDelete