Monday 30 May 2011

Getting the kids to bed

Does anyone else have trouble getting their kids to go to bed? It's not a hassle for us every night, but some nights I just want to rip my hair out. All of my kids go to bed at about 6pm, they wake up at 6am, it's just the routine that they have. Some nights they get straight into bed, go to sleep no hassle, other nights they have every excuse under the sun not to go to bed!
My 2 girls share a room, and have recently decided that it's funny to climb into each others bed at bedtime, they giggle and laugh and turn the light on! I know it is harmless fun, but it is SO irritating. JUST FRIGGEN GO TO SLEEP!
Ashton has just learnt how to stand up in his cot, so it is just a big game for him at bedtime. He know I am gonna come back in and get him after he has been standing there for 5 minutes..lol. He is 10 months old and still wakes up for up to 4 bottles a night! When will it end? I look forward to the day when I have to struggle to wake them up in the mornings! BRING IT ON!

4 comments:

  1. I have twins that will be 3 in a week & an 11 1/2 year old... It NEVER gets easier! LOL At my house no one wants to go to sleep and then at least one of them is up at the crack of dawn. Janice Tenley

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just remember that one day they will all move out, then i will have my life back.. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. But when that day comes we'll be crying like babies....Then dancing like fools!!! Janice Tenley

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always difficult to get the kids to bed. I still managing mine to do so at reasonable hours!

    ReplyDelete